Read about when to contact your doctor. You can also read about when you yourself can book a coronavirus test.
When should you call your doctor?
Always call your doctor:
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19 and feel so ill that you would like to consult a doctor.
- If you are concerned or in doubt.
- If it is about a child under the age of 2.
Your doctor will assess:
- Whether you should immediately be tested and examined by a healthcare professional. If so, you will be offered an examination on the same day. It will take place at a local COVID-19 assessment unit*. Your doctor will inform you how and where the examination will take place.
- Whether you can wait 1-2 days to be examined by your own doctor. If so, you will be offered a COVID-19 test while you wait for your doctor’s appointment. If you test negative for COVID-19, your doctor will offer you a consultation at his or her office. The actual test will take place at a local test site or at a COVID-19 assessment unit.
*If you live far from a COVID-19 assessment unit, the examination will in some cases take place at your own doctor’s office.
When can I book a test on coronaprover.dk myself?
You can now book a test on coronaprover.dk:
- If you have symptoms that could be COVID-19, but you do not feel so ill that you feel the need to consult your doctor.
You can also still book a test on coronaprover.dk:
- If you want to be tested for another reason.
This applies to both adults and children over the age of 2.
The Danish Health Authority have published information and leaflets where you can find more guidance: https://www.sst.dk/en/English